How smart is owning a Smart car?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G04RzlP0fcc

20140408_smart2.png
smart_car_tipping_sf_1396904990827_4018480_ver1.0_640_480.jpg
5828601136_ebc059527d_z.jpg
smart-car-4.jpg
10258082_609140092511789_1184722812882168546_n.jpg

My 7 grade teacher had a BMW Isetta, you know, door on the front.

I don't know what they weighed, but they were a great deal less than the VW's 1600 lbs.

7th grade was the seniors at that building, but even we could move that car around and put it somewhere odd, but we never did anything destructive to it.

I seen this on the news the other day...

I drive a Scion XA which is just a little bigger than these guys, I'm going to watch where I park when I go into Denver, I'm sure we're soon going to see this in other cities.

My 7 grade teacher had a BMW Isetta, you know, door on the front.

I don't know what they weighed, but they were a great deal less than the VW's 1600 lbs.

7th grade was the seniors at that building, but even we could move that car around and put it somewhere odd, but we never did anything destructive to it.

my neighbor had an old isetta in his garage that his father was going to fix up. that was eons ago...wonder if he ever restored it. it was a bizzare car......

Got to admit:oops: (hanging his head in shame):oops: my first tendancy is to laugh but then I see the broken debris under the cars and think "What if that were my car?" then not so funny with probably a couple of grand worth of body work

Picking the car up and placing it on a pyramid of lunch benches (history Teacher's 1967 Honda 600 coupe) or turning it sideways in the parking lot is about as far as we went (shop Teacher's Mini Cooper), when I was in school.

Actually, the first image (right below video) is either the UK or the Netherlands (by the looks of the plate on the back of the car in the background)
I think it's UK. The car on the left seems to have a white front plate, which we don't have in the Netherlands. But it could easily have been here I gues.. People are crazy here, too.

Yeah we used to have fun moving a friends Triumph Spitfire around but never damaged it. These guys are on par with the ones driving around with bb guns and shooting windows out...Long time ago when I lived in NYC there was a car windshield repair joint that would pay kids to shoot windows out for local business. He eventually got busted.

Having a small car can solve much of parking problems in congested towns. When tourists swamp Trogir, the small city I work in, it is pain to park even my wife's Berlingo, let alone my Fiat Ducato. And really small kids don't go well on scooters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back