How the planet of the apes really started........ (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sweet....but the clip had a credit in the bottom left for "20 Century Fox Research Library"....What university might that be. ;)

Does make me think back to an old Michael Crichton novel, "Congo" that i thought was a god thriller.
Derek

Funny but fake. Couldn't see any empty cases being ejected, no muzzle flash, and no bullet strikes in the dirt. Also, the selector lever was in the 'Safe' position, and the ape had its 'hand' over the (closed)ejector port. The sound was very similar to an AK on auto though.

Correct. The opposite to 'western' weapons. Up, covering the ejector port locks the bolt, acting as a safety catch. One click down is full auto, two clicks down is semi-auto.

i dont know boys. around the 27 second mark i see several casings being thrown from the ejection port. there was also smoke from the muzzle. and it does sound like an AK....hmmm dont know

blanks. a restricted barrel so the gas will work the operating rod and eject spent cases and feed new ones. the crimped brass cases will feed. i cant see where the selector switch is in the safe position as other can. around the 25 second mark i see a long black opening under the top cover where the operating rod would slide...but i cannot see the selector itself at all. and i can see cases being ejected. but while there is gas and smoke from the muzzle i see no flame ( which suggests to me the restricted barrel ) and i see no dirt flying from rounds. i think it is a hoax but that the monkey is firing blanks.

Wouldn't the chimp still be scared by the noise of even the blanks firing? Doubt it is conditioned enough to not even be fazed by the blanks firing.

Earl lives in the downstairs apartment, He came upstairs and ask me to look at his pistol. He needed to by more rounds, ammo not beer, Earl wanted me to know whay type of ammo he needed. It was easy enough to determine. I got half way down the stairs and remember that the guy is blind.

Earl was a law school graduate and passed the Texas conceled hand gun permit test. Since the law did not have a vision requirement, the state had to give him a permit. They put a bell on the target. He shot at the noise and met the minimum number of hits. Every night until he moved I had dreams of a bad SNL skit.

DBII

Correct. The opposite to 'western' weapons. Up, covering the ejector port locks the bolt, acting as a safety catch. One click down is full auto, two clicks down is semi-auto.
Also a good fall back if safety bolt catch malfunctions for some reason and weapon runs away, as a last resort to stop it, move the dust cover selector lever up to trap ejected cartridge(s) in mechanism.

I'm sure if we sent animals into orbit, someone's tried some of em' with weapons and some training adequate to it's particular ergonomics/form, dexterity and cognative skills, although we due to human deep/ancient animal loves fears, some will not be documented.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back