Hueys in Vietnam (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Basket

Senior Master Sergeant
Jun 27, 2007
Did Hueys in Vietnam come with a 'Fortunate Son' switch?

Asking for a friend.

26532F35-EBF1-49E0-9358-153677E499B8.jpeg

That doesn't look like a Huey overhead board that I recall.
Notice the no smoking sign too.
Looks like some one got a little creative with the silkscreen stencils.
I was more of a Ride of the Valkyries type too, but we called it kill the rabbit. the Looney tunes version.

That doesn't look like a Huey overhead board that I recall.
Notice the no smoking sign too.
Looks like some one got a little creative with the silkscreen stencils.
I was more of a Ride of the Valkyries type too, but we called it kill the rabbit. the Looney tunes version.

You are supposed to laugh. It's a joke... :lol:

Lets be realistic here.
The Huey was possibly the loudest helicopter ever made by man.
We could fly close by in a OH-6 Loach, all the doors off, helmet on, and still hear the Huey over all the wind noise and other noise my own ride was making.
It's so noisy in a Huey the only practical way to communicate inside it by the helmet com., and even when we were talking to anyone flying in a Huey , that noise the Huey made let you know immediately you were talking to someone flying in a Huey.
So do you really think they would add extra chatter to the only way they had to communicate ?

Only in the movies.

Lets be realistic here.
The Huey was possibly the loudest helicopter ever made by man.
We could fly close by in a OH-6 Loach, all the doors off, helmet on, and still hear the Huey over all the wind noise and other noise my own ride was making.
It's so noisy in a Huey the only practical way to communicate inside it by the helmet com., and even when we were talking to anyone flying in a Huey , that noise the Huey made let you know immediately you were talking to someone flying in a Huey.
So do you really think they would add extra chatter to the only way they had to communicate ?

Only in the movies.

You are taking this too seriously. He is pulling your leg. It's all a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back