Hughes 500E Question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rogi

Master Sergeant
Aug 1, 2011
I'm trying to find a kit for the Hughes 500E (for the North Korean Variant)

Is the 1/35 DML (Dragon) MD-500E my best bet? It has a specific cockpit canopy and I had thought of making it from Academy's 500D Military version and converting, but it seems too different of a model vs the E or is this reasonable to do?

Is there anyone in our group that knows of any other MD-500E kits?

and one more question :D

Would anyone trade or sell their Dragon MD 500E kit if they have it :D

Thanks all for any help :)

The Profiline and AZmodel offer a 1/72 scale replic of the MD 500E

1733_rd.jpg

201206031678.jpg

Also you may try to find the Academy 1/48 HUGHES 500MD ASW or better the Astrokit 1/48 Breda Nardi NH-500E/MD

107338-b.jpg

48106bt.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much Wurger :) although I can't use the E model from Profiline, it has the wrong canopy (I need a earlier version canopy, it has an extra spar bar on the canopy)

So far the only visible variant in the Parade last July was the E model converted into Military use. I know they purchased some D models as well (Academy makes an excellent TOW D version) but not sure if these are still in service :D or if we'll see anymore soon.
Thank you so much for the 1/48 Breda Nardi NH-500E/MD that hit I havn't even noticed :D I'll check if its on the bay :)

Seen lots of Academy 1/48s on eBay for cheap but the revues aren't very favorable. Can't remember which model site it was. ARC, Modeling Madness or Hyperscale.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back