Hybrid tank with a platapuss?what is this tank?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

does anyone know what the designation and purpose of this tank was? also service length?:shock:

Attachments

• 00035408.jpg
    00035408.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 116
is it Chinese or Russian? I don't remember seeing it any any of my Armour manuals from my tanker days. The turret looks like a T55/62 with a gland problem. The gun tube diameter looks to big, even with a thermal shield. Dual tracks on both sides, it is either very heavy or it was designed for marsh or water crossings. The old Soviet Union beleived that all of their equipment had to swim and fire during the water crossing. They lost several tank crews trying to shoot while swimming. My guess would be that it is Chinese SP arty and not a tank. I will check some of my sources.

Odd looking

DBII

I recall that it was designed for a low ground pressure for use in the bogs post winter. I am not sure about the armament however.

It is located in a russian armour museum. Someone posted some extensive pics long ago. The museum appeared to be world class and its pieces were unmatched in their diversity. Someone will chime in with the facts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back