I Did Not Know That Drone Sandwich Delivery Was Underdway (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MIflyer

1st Lieutenant
May 30, 2011
Cape Canaveral
From Avweb:

"Drone delivery company Flytrex announced on Thursday that it has expanded its offerings in Holly Springs, North Carolina, through a partnership with national sandwich chain Jersey Mike's Subs. As previously reported by AVweb, Flytrex received FAA approval for a delivery area covering a 1-nautical-mile radius from all of its operating stations in North Carolina last December. According to the company, its drones typically travel at around 32 MPH, allowing deliveries to arrive in under five minutes.

"We're excited to team up with Jersey Mike's to deliver subs throughout the skies of North Carolina and look forward to expanding our partnership everywhere they deliver their delicious food," said Flytrex CEO and co-founder Yariv Bash. "Drone delivery is accelerating quicker than anyone could have anticipated, and we are thrilled to be at the forefront of that movement—using our technology to ensure retailers and restaurants can stay ahead of the ultrafast delivery curve."

Flytrex operates its order-by-app food and retail delivery service in partnership with Causey Aviation Unmanned. The company has been making deliveries by drone in North Carolina since September 2020 and currently has locations in Fayetteville, Raeford and Holly Springs along with a recently opened a station in Granbury, Texas. Flytrex says its service area now covers "10,000 homes across North Carolina and Texas" with "thousands of drone deliveries" completed."
jersey-mikes-flytrex-drone-delivery-202205.png

Actually they now make an almost full sized BB guns that use CO2 cartridges and some are fully automatic. I have one of the 1911's and they also make this:.

View attachment 668360

My mom's late husband has a CO² pellet rifle he used to keep squirrels away from his bird-feeders. I used to have a Crosman semi-auto CO² pistol. Very unimpressed. Kevin's air-rifle was good on the first shot, but muzzle velocity fell of in direct proportion to trigger-squeezes. Same with my air-pistol -- the faster you pulled the trigger, the weaker each round got, until you could actually see the windage.

Neither was fully auto, which was likely a good thing as that would have been useless.

Almost forgot to mention that a while back, there was a drone snooping around my property, so I sent mine up and went after it.
They didn't realize mine was there until I passed over it, came about and made a run at it head-on.
It took off to the south and I let it go - mine's a large drone, but it's for photography, not combat (even though it's name is "Dauntless").

20210830_183304.jpg

I've had my drone license since 2016 and up until recently was pretty active doing real estate and roof inspection gigs. I had a few folks make subtle threats in passing and I would immediately challenge them, told them a threat against my done was a threat against me, I'm calling 911. Always had them back down.

Made some good "beer money" and the trip to the hangar was a lot closer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back