I found this on Naval Weaps Forum!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Burmese Bandit

Senior Airman
Dec 5, 2008
I tound this on the NAVAL WEAPS discussion boards!!!!

While it is slightly racist...I have some Arab friends, and not all of them are like the clueless idiots described below...it definitely describes MANY other Arabs I know!!!

:rofl:

OOPS!
This brand spanking new Airbus 340-600, the largest
passenger airplane ever built, sits just outside its hangar
in Toulouse , France without a single hour of airtime.

Enter the Arab flight crew of Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies

(ADAT) to conduct pre-delivery tests on the ground, such as

engine run-ups prior to delivery to Etihad Airways in Abu Dhabi .

The ADAT crew taxied the A340-600 to the run-up area.

Then they took all Four engines to takeoff power with a
virtually empty aircraft. Not having Read the run-up

manuals, they had no clue just how light an empty

A340-600 Really is.

The takeoff warning horn was blaring away in the cockpit

because they had All 4 engines at full power.

The aircraft computers thought they were trying to take off,

but it had not been configured properly (flaps/slats, etc..)

Then one of the ADAT crew decided to pull the circuit

breaker on the Ground Proximity Sensor to silence the alarm.

This fools the aircraft into thinking it is in the air.

The computers automatically released all the Brakes

and set the aircraft rocketing forward.

The ADAT crew had no idea that this is a safety feature

so that pilots can't land with the brakes on.

Not one member of the seven-man Arab crew was smart enough

to throttle back the engines from their max power setting,

so the $200 million brand-new Aircraft crashed into a blast

barrier, totaling it.

The extent of injuries to the crew is unknown due to the

news blackout in the major media in France and elsewhere.

Coverage of the story was deemed insulting to Muslim Arabs.

Finally, the photos are starting to leak out.

A French Airbus: $200 million dollars
Untrained Arab Flight Crew: $300,000 Yearly Salary
Unread Operating Manual: $300

aircraft meets retaining wall and the wall wins.

PRICELESS!!!

" Is that's why God gave them camels

DANG I must have forgotten them!!!

Am too lazy to get them...hey could you do that for me? I'm still too weak with laughter...I mean....

STUPID FRICKING GITS!!!

In ANY country and culture you can find these assholes...but only in a few will they be protected by their governments!!

:lol:

Aha, I also discovered this!!!

QUOTE FROM NAVAL WEAPS FORUMS

"...Funny, but not entirely true:

Basically, there were 7 Arabs on board- but there were also 2 Airbus engineers, one of whom was in the right hand seat and according to the official accident report was controlling the aircraft. Airbus had also forgotten to chock the wheels..."

So it's not only ARABS - it's AIRBUS and the French as well...

Which brings us to the question of the Airbus reliability in their training programmes...and the Air France flight from Brazil...

Attachments

• PICT0001_sm.JPG
    PICT0001_sm.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 528
  • PICT0002_sm.JPG
    PICT0002_sm.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 716
  • PICT0003_sm.JPG
    PICT0003_sm.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 637
The 'extent of the injuries' may well be unknown (ie unreported) but I think we can safely assume it was slightly more than flesh-wounds all round.

What a mess

Biased BS removed about "dumb muslims or arabs", here is a loose translation of the BAE (French equivalent to US NTSB) findings.

3 people in the cockpit for the test: 2 from Airbus, one from the contractor.

Running the test, in the right seat of the cockpit, in charge of the all controls: Airbus technician, 15 yr employee, 9 yrs experience testing these engines. When he was alerted that the aircraft was moving, his only actions were to kill the parking brake while simultaneously stomping on the main brakes. For those not familiar with large transport airplanes, parking brake is set by dual rudder pedal with toes pointed forward. To release press both rudder pedals hard. Technician assumed parking brake was set to lightly and pressed both rudder pedals to maximum... thus setting brakes to max, but removing parking brake.

In the left seat, observing the test: contractor employee, alerted the test tech that the aircraft was moving. Has no specified role in the test other than to observe.

In the "service" seat (first observer position with no flight controls): Airbus-employed test pilot, 9 yrs experience as a professional pilot, 7 as a test pilot, not type rated (i.e., not an A340 pilot), perhaps a manager qualified to supervise such tests. Once again, no specific role other than to observe, but in the end it was him who pulled the throttles back.

B. There were two main causes: 1) no chocks were used to hold the aircraft's wheels in place during the test. 2) All four engines were brought to full power to test one leaky engine. Procedures required the use of chocks and running up two engines - the one leaking and one on the other wing (to prevent torquing and yawing of the fuselage). These two procedures had been frequently ignored by all Airbus technicians at the test center for some time.

Short answer: the test was done improperly, not in accordance with written procedures and standards. The fault of the Airbus technician.

Contributing causes: 1) the full power of four engines is almost exactly equal to the braking power of the A340s parking brake and the frictional coefficient of the test area's tarmac, hence the aircraft only moved when shaking of the aircraft and the burning off of fuel lessened the overall braking coefficient. 2) The technician tried to use the brakes alone to stop the aircraft rather than retarding the throttles as well.

C. Fun fact: the numbers 3 and 4 engines could not be shut down after impact because the throttle control connection to them had been severed. No. 4 was finally killed over two-and-a-half hours later when enough water and fire-fighting foam had been pumped into it to snuff it out. The No. 3 engine died at 1:25 am the next morning - 9 hrs later - when it ran out of gas: it was too jammed into the wall to get any water/foam into it.

I've got some hair-raising stupidity about flying with Royal Jordain air I'll share some day, in a word or three had I not been so tired I would have put a bullet right in the middle of one stewards eye-balls

well I got nothing like that, but I do recall more than rtwenty years ago, whilst on exchange in Indonesia, watching a military truck driver get out of his broken down truck and start shooting the thing. talk about LMAO

He, Erich's experience kinda reminds me of when my grandfather flew to China back in the eighties, as part of some police convention, when the Chinese government transitioned power of the police from the military to the civilian government.
For starters, He told VZ and I that the Chinese liked to take their planes off like fighter jets, so you really had to hold on to your seat as you ascending. Of course, some of the seat belts didn't work, including my grandpa's, and when he asked the stewardess about it, she just shrugged her shoulders and said there's nothing she could do. There were also no doors for the baggage compartments overhead, so if the plane made a sharp turn, some of the bags could fall out and hit people. Again, this was over twenty years ago, so I'm hoping that the Chinese airlines have progressed a lot since then.

Not sure they have improved that much, my friend flew with them a couple of years ago and he said it was a fairly scary experience. As for me I have flown Aeroflot which is quite an experience (St Petersburg-Moscow) but it wasn't that bad compared to some of the stories that you hear about them.

As for this instance whilst it isn't going to put off flying with an Arab airline. I think a catalogue of errors led to this really embarrassing event for Airbus and the airline. Still it is funny to look at it after the event :lol:

Would like to hear Erich's story. We should probably make a thread about bad airline experiences. Would be funny to hear some of them I think.

Not sure they have improved that much, my friend flew with them a couple of years ago and he said it was a fairly scary experience. As for me I have flown Aeroflot which is quite an experience (St Petersburg-Moscow) but it wasn't that bad compared to some of the stories that you hear about them.

As for this instance whilst it isn't going to put off flying with an Arab airline. I think a catalogue of errors led to this really embarrassing event for Airbus and the airline. Still it is funny to look at it after the event :lol:

Would like to hear Erich's story. We should probably make a thread about bad airline experiences. Would be funny to hear some of them I think.

If that's the case Gnomey, boy do I have a couple of whoppers for you. :lol:

Never mind. Vassili beat me to it. :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, at least one good thing that my granpa told me about the Chineses airlines is that they rarely ever get hijacked.
When my grandpa asked a chinese government official (but I think it was a pilot) why that is the case, he was told that if a Chinese plane is ever hijacked, the pilots are supposed to fly the plane into the ground or ocean. Don't know if that's true, but it's a scary thought for me, even if it does work. :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back