I got me a new toy this weekend

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thorlifter

Captain
Jun 10, 2004
Knoxville, TN
I had a crotch rocket, a Kawasaki Ninja, but was ready for something a bit more tame.

Attachments

• IMG00017.jpg
    IMG00017.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 211
Yeah, my Ninja got 65mpg, this one gets about 45mph. I actually havent filled it up yet. I only have about 140 miles on it right now.

How is the vibration from that V-twin?

a) Horrible (Harley)

b) Smooth (Japanese)

Clave (b) is the truth, buddy. For those who have never ridden a bike for a significant distance, that vibration results in numb hands, arms, legs, ass, back, etc. I have not ridden a Harley in 20 years, so perhaps things have changed, but physics say a twin is gonna have a nasty vibration compared to a four with comparable mounting/frame.

I recall having to get off about every 50 miles or so just to shake it off. VERY fatiguing.

But then again, a twin has the sound, the looks and the feel if you are wanting a cruiser. You want a touring bike, that is something completely different. And I personally would take a cruiser based upon my needs, over a crotch rocket or 800lb touring car with two wheels.

Enjoy. She's a beaut.

I thought it was smooth. I need to get a windshield though. I did a 65 mile ride yesterday and the wind beat my a$$ to death.

Of course, someone already stole my inspection sticker. Sorry mother @#@#$'s. Man, you can't have anything nice anymore.

Just filled it up and it got 50 mpg, so once it's broke in, it should go up to 52 or 53 mpg.

Very nice bike Thor! Once had a dark red Yamaha Virago which looked abit like it. Now I have a Honda CBR 1000 standing in the garage which I will take out for a ride tommorrow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back