I have a dream... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuuumannn

Major
Oct 12, 2011
Nelson
28 August 1963

Ihaveadreamb_zps3a8ed876.jpg

Ah yes, in 1963 me too, mine: to get home from Vietnam alive and with all my parts intact and functioning.
If Saint MLK had a dream it was not his:
1. His name was not even Martin Luther, his birth name was Michael and he never legally changed it
2. DOCTOR (Phd.) King's Doctoral Thesis was heavily plagiarized from another author. An academic committee found that more than half of his work was plagiarized. This includes "I Have A Dream" which was stolen in its entirety from a sermon by Achibald Carey, a popular black preacher in the 1950s. With King dead they felt it served no purpose to revoke his degrees
3. King had been under FBI surveillance for his ties to communist organizations from whom he took money to fund his movement. In return, King supported communist leaders in his SCLC (Southern Christian Leadership Conference). On King's death a federal judge sealed these files until 2027. Senator Jesse Helms sued to release these files in 1983 in response to the proposed MLK Day federal holiday. He was denied.
4. One of King's closest friends Rev. Ralph Abernathy wrote in his 1989 book that King was obsessed with white prostitutes and had used church donations to fund drunken sex parties where king would "entertain" 2 to 3 white prostitutes. On several occasions beating them severely. These parties were also reported by the FBI agents assigned to King.

Mike, doesn't change what he dedicated his life's work to, does it? Equality for all Americans was going to come at a price at that time - still does to this day.

O.K., Here we go...
The 60's were a time that we lost many leaders.
They all had their faults.
The faults were not why they were murdered.

It was their ideas.
R.I.P. J.F.K.

Thor, don't consider the unvarnished truth to be political in any sense. I object to the man NOT his cause
viking, nuuuman, the truth about the man has nothing to do with his espoused cause of equality. The man was a sham using a noble cause to feather his own nest.
And Paul at least with John and Bobby the ideas were theirs not stolden from another
If you need a hero at least pick a real one
I nominate Rosa Parks or James Chaney, Andrew Goodman, and Michael Schwerner

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back