I need info

jimmyplaneguy

Recruit
2
0
Joined
Apr 28, 2026
Hey guys I'm trying to find info on a plane. All I have is a ladder from the plane that was surplused. I'm not too familiar with this type of stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated. The spray painted stencil on the ladder reads: B3G ASSY.-BOMB HOISTING LADDER AIRPLANE SERIAL NO. 44-92043. Above this there is also the number 36A5479-

Please help my two brain cells!
Thanks,
Jimmy
 
Is B3G actually B36?

44-92043 is a B-36, 10th photo down. Peacemaker

92043 (MSN 40) Accepted by USAF Dec48. Convair, San Diego, CA 6Apr50 for conversion to B-36D-10-CF. First flight 5Dec50. Damaged by a tornado at Carswell AFB 1Sep52;
empennage ripped off. 42nd Bombardment Wing, Loring AFB, Limestone, ME. Featherweight Configuration II To MASDC Feb 13, 1956 and scrapped there
 
Is B3G actually B36?

44-92043 is a B-36, 10th photo down. Peacemaker

92043 (MSN 40) Accepted by USAF Dec48. Convair, San Diego, CA 6Apr50 for conversion to B-36D-10-CF. First flight 5Dec50. Damaged by a tornado at Carswell AFB 1Sep52;
empennage ripped off. 42nd Bombardment Wing, Loring AFB, Limestone, ME. Featherweight Configuration II To MASDC Feb 13, 1956 and scrapped there
Yep you're right it is a 6. This is super helpful. Are we sure this is it? I've seen some conflicting results on the number but you would likely know better

Also any info on how this could have made its way to Utah would be appreciated. Also. Rarity/collectability.
 
I have some B-36 parts with p/ns that are also prefixed '36' so it sounds likely.
 
Hey guys I'm trying to find info on a plane. All I have is a ladder from the plane that was surplused. I'm not too familiar with this type of stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated. The spray painted stencil on the ladder reads: B3G ASSY.-BOMB HOISTING LADDER AIRPLANE SERIAL NO. 44-92043. Above this there is also the number 36A5479-

Please help my two brain cells!
Thanks,
Jimmy
Consolidated B-36B-5-CF Peacemaker 44-92043 (MSN 40) Accepted by USAF Dec48. Convair, San Diego, CA 6Apr50 for conversion to
B-36D-10-CF. First flight 5Dec50. Damaged by a tornado at Carswell AFB 1Sep52;
empennage ripped off. 42nd Bombardment Wing, Loring AFB, Limestone, ME. Featherweight Configuration II
To MASDC Feb 13, 1956 and scrapped there
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back