I need your expert knowledge my "go to" guys.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

[SC] Arachnicus

Senior Airman
May 1, 2012
West Chester OH
I watched a older History Channel episode, "American Aircraft of WW2" and the show stated that bomber gunner destroyed 2/3 of the enemy fighters.

Does that mean that most of the gunners shot down enemy planes in the air? They said "destroyed" so they were not specific.

Thanks!

Tom

The powers that were rewarded "kills" to bomber gunners at a rate that was calulated to keep up the morale of the gunners themselves, as well as the folks at home.
This is not to say that the gunners didn't achieve kills, just that there was a certain "fudge factor" involved.

The powers that were rewarded "kills" to bomber gunners at a rate that was calulated to keep up the morale of the gunners themselves, as well as the folks at home.
This is not to say that the gunners didn't achieve kills, just that there was a certain "fudge factor" involved.

Bomber gunners overclaimed their kills by a big factor, but there was no gun cam footage to help confirm those kills.

Also, multiple gunners from multiple aircraft could have hit the same aircraft and all claimed it as a kill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back