I thought this would be cool to share with you all (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Timothy

Banned
Nov 10, 2010
This is me pictured in my grandpa's WWII pilot's uniform..He was also a sign caller in the Aluetian Islands on Adak. They were given to me last month when my grandmother was having a garage sale. She knew my birthday was coming up, and wanted to give me the uniform. They're just in prestine condition. No moth holes or anything wrong..the only thing that's missing is pants.
timmystuff.png

timmypilot.jpg

yeah Grandpa passed away long ago when I was only 6 years old..so I never really knew him. He would of been about 91-92 years old today if he was alive..Heart Disease got him.

She said the uniform has NEVER been open out of it's uniform cover until I took those pictures. it had been in there over 65 years..it's just amazing that it had been in there for that long with no wear and tear.

yeah my grandpa was not a big man by any means..it must of ran in the family because i'm not tall or very big at all. I'm only about 5'5" tall and 130lbs and his uniform fits me perfectly. I also heard back then some of the men were not big at all, as compared to how much things have changed today. Americans are much bigger and obesity has become a problem unfortunately.

That's quite a treasure! Hang onto it, care for it, and you will not only honor his memory but the memory of all who served in the greatest generation.

Ditto the above....what a frikkin AWESOME gift she gave you! Keep that bad boy in a safe place!

Wonderful gift, something to cherish forever......

Yup, I also wore it during the veteran's day parade. soon after changed out of it when it began to snow..didnt want to get it wet or damaged by any means.

ok, I don't mean to ask a weird question, but is that you or him in the black and white photo? If that is your grandpa, you are the spittin' image of him.

Either way, very cool gift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back