Ian Lanc's, Airfix 1/72nd Lancaster. Finished. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ian lanc

Senior Airman
Sep 30, 2007
mansfield, nottinghamshire
Hi guys and a big welcome to all our followers.

Finally finished her ! have a look if 'ya der' and enjoy her i always do ;)

She's a 9 Sqd Lancaster which flew from RAF Bardney in Lincolnshire

lancdone003.jpg

lancdone004.jpg

lancdone005.jpg

lancdone006.jpg

lancdone007.jpg

lancdone008.jpg

lancdone009.jpg

001-5.jpg

Thanks for looking at yet another Lancaster, there not that bad are they ! i had a PM
from a member yesterday who asked why do i only make lancasters and must lead a
boring life i can only assume he never read my thread about 'me and my brain' :rolleyes:

ian.

Hi guys and a big welcome to all our followers.

Finally finished her ! have a look if 'ya der' and enjoy her i always do ;)

She's a 9 Sqd Lancaster which flew from RAF Bardney in Lincolnshire

Thanks for looking at yet another Lancaster, there not that bad are they ! i had a PM
from a member yesterday who asked why do i only make lancasters and must lead a
boring life i can only assume he never read my thread about 'me and my brain' :rolleyes:

ian.

Ian

That is one fine looking Lancaster. Very impressive. When are you starting the next one?:rolleyes:

How can one possibly get tired of the good old Lancaster? Hey, how about building the machine that crashed in Sweden on the Tirpitz misson..... I think that some of the wreckage is still there.

Splendid machine Ian……….Do you want my address, I'm sure I could find room for it somewhere!!!!!
:hotsun: :hotsun:

Nice work Ian. I've had a thought; as Woodford, 'Home of the Lanc' is closing down, why don't you rent the place? You'd have enough room for all the Lancs there, in the place where they originated, and it's just down the road from me!

How rude! :evil:

I'm not naming the member as he seems to be a decent contributer to the forum
though heaven knows why he should have sent me it in the first place i'll never know :rolleyes:

Cheers for the replies guys and 'Lucky13' i've already thought about doing a crashed Lanc'
dio' and that had cropped up into my mind, but looking at pictures of the crash site it looks
a bit hard to replicate so i'll pass on it.

Vic' buy your own kit :lol:

Terry. It's like everything else in this country if money can't be made they shut it down
theres a Heritige site of an 8th Airforce bomber base and this has been sold off by the owner
and it's to be made into a housing estate :rolleyes:

I'm getting my Vac' form Whitley out again and seeing if anything is damaged.

ian.

And most people tell how bad the Airfix kits are ! Seems like you'ge gotta wanna ! Beautiful.
Ed

I've only ever built one Airfix 1/72 scale Lancaster (unlike Ian!) and it went together very well indeed. I'd been warned about the decals but they were easily beaten into submission with a couple of soakings of microsol. IMHO a nice kit.
Ian ,you have more than done it justice,absolutely beautifuly done.
Cheers
Steve

I built their Lancaster and their Stirling as well, back in the day, early-mid 80's! Any idea of the code for the Lanc and if it was one carrying a "Tall Boy" or if it was a "standard" version? Btw Ian, I didn't know that there were such a difference in sizes between the Halifax, Lancaster and Stirling! :shock:

Blinkin Heck ! Look at the size of the Sterling compared to the rest of the other two :shock:

The only part i hate doing is putting the black 'walkway' lines on the wings if these silver
then it it totally ruins the model.

I like looking at your threads 'Lucky13' Why you ask ! JUST LOOK AT YOUR AVATAR THAT'S WHY :oops: :love4:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back