ICM spitfire MK.IX

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ellis995

Staff Sergeant
Mar 15, 2009
Easington Lane UK
Hi guys

Here are some pics of the spit MK.IX done in desert colours ( not quite finished yet. As it was for the GB )
NOTE the engine :oops::mad:

desert spit 1.jpg

desert spit 2.jpg

desert spit 3.jpg

desert spit 4.jpg

desert spit 5.jpg

Done well given the kit man!

Wow that fuselage is bent! Next time if you encounter that get some hot water not to hot though, and heat up plastic and bring it back into shape. Its just warped a bit after the moulding process.

Thanks Heinz

I also forgot to mention i had to cut and sand down about 2-3mm off the nose :oops:.

Don't get me wrong the ICM are good kits THIS one could have sneaked through the checking process.

Nice one kieth.. our spits kind of have the same camo going on, a little different. Why so glossy though, ahh! :)

Keith, as far as I'm aware the RAF never sprayed their Spitfires in Dulux gloss paint. Possibly an error?

Thanks Wojtek

I had read the Scott Van Aken review and thats what made me buy the ICM spitfire.

Thanks Paul and Maglar

the paint is xtracrylix, i have also to put on the decals and the clear coat ( matt ) and the matt varnish.

The length of the fuselage halves is the same.So it is not their fault.I have checked it in all ICM Spitfire Mk.IX kits I have in my stash and a few more in my friend's hobby shop.
On the other hand the fuselage is too long at about 2mm comparing to drawings of Spitfire Mk.IX.All the rest is fine and correct. Oh....except of the cockpit interior that looks like the Mk.VB rather.

Thanks Wojtek

I don't think i did anything wrong in the build of it. If i did i don't know where i did :oops:

I think that the reason is you haven't maintained the fuselage symmetry. I know that it is very difficult because there is lack of these settled pins.What is more the front area where the engine is mouted is scattered into a few separate pieces.
I'm not sure but you might have prepared these parts incorrectly for assembling.

Thanks Wojtek

It might be awhile till i can get another ICM model. I will watch what i am doing next time :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back