Identification please (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

gekho

Master Sergeant
Jan 1, 2010
Spain
Can anyone help me to identify this aircraft? the only thing I can tell you is that is french and the picture was taken around 1940. a DC-2 perhaps? or a Breguet 470 Fulgur?

Attachments

• ADFER.jpg
    ADFER.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 208
Definitely a DC-2 or one of its family. You can tell the difference from the DC-3 by the straight sides. The DC-3 fuselage had a more round section. I took the picture below at the air force museum in Dayton Ohio about 10 years ago. If I remember right the sign said it was a hybrid with the fuselage of a DC-2 and wings of a DC-3

Attachments

• ScannedImage-2.jpg
    ScannedImage-2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 190
Your photo is a C-33, basically a DC-2 with a DC-3 tail plane. The fuselages are the same forward of the empennage and if I remember correctly both aircraft were built off the same original production tooling. The Republican AF operated 4 or 5 DC-2s and I would guess they might have been delivered through France. Additionally the loop antenna and radio masts are also a give away - I think KLM operated DC-2s with the same equipment.

It could be......

Attachments

• Marcel Bloch MB-220.jpg
    Marcel Bloch MB-220.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 183
And waht about these? The first one seems to be a japanese floatplane captured by the americans, and the second one.... a captured Blohm Voss?? It´s not a Coronado and neither a Mariner.

Attachments

• floydben027PBYinhanger1940s.jpg
    floydben027PBYinhanger1940s.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 173
  • lñh.jpg
    lñh.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 162
Yes, the first aircraft is the Bloch. The lower wing, engine cowling shape, what's visible of the undercarriage, and the cabin windows are the indicators.
The flying boat is definitley a Sort S23 'Empire' class, operated by B.O.A.C., a design which was used for the development of the Sunderland.

Can anyone help me to identify this aircraft? the only thing I can tell you is that is french and the picture was taken around 1940. a DC-2 perhaps? or a Breguet 470 Fulgur?

Personnel of GC III/6 ready to move to a new base in Bloch 220 mobilised from Air France.

I am a little bit confuse about this Beaufort...what country does it belong? is it portuguese or turkish? At the bottonm of the picture many british aircrafts can be seen, so I dont know waht to think....

Attachments

• 000000000000000.jpg
    000000000000000.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 122

Users who are viewing this thread

Back