Identification please

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Firstly many thanks for some very interesting threads.

The Bristol Beaufort pictured above was the prototype Beaufort and was photographed at a display of new and prototype aircraft held at RAF Northolt in May 1939.

Best Regards and keep posting those interesting and different images.

Bristol Beaufort - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Ok, this is a difficult one; I have a couple of pictures of japanese aircrafts with black and blue crosses painted at the fuselage. Can anyone tell me what does it mean? Are they captured aircrafts?

Attachments

• betty 002.jpg
    betty 002.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 116
  • ki-46.jpg
    ki-46.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 93
After the Japanese agreed to surrender green crosses were to be applied to indicate they were not hostile.

The initial surrender party was to fly G4M Bettys painted white with green crosses. As part of the
negotiations for the surrender of Japan, two demilitarized G4Ms, given the call-signs Bataan 1 and
Bataan 2 were sent to Ie Shima carrying the first surrender delegations as the first leg of their flight to
Manila.

All good pic's. But.... where are they now ??

Charles

Last edited:
Any idea of what kind of aircraft is this? All I can tell you is that it´s soviet, or the picture was taken during the invasion of the URSS..

Attachments

• 1-German-solders-inspecting-a-captured-soviet-aircraft-1941-02.jpg
    1-German-solders-inspecting-a-captured-soviet-aircraft-1941-02.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 66

Users who are viewing this thread

Back