If he isn't a Saint, he should be (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I saw the 67 Bob Hope show when I was in Nakhon Phanom, Thailand. Naked Fanny, as some called it.
There was Racquel Whelch, Barbara McNair, Miss World, or Miss Universe, a lots and lots of girls in minis. We loved Bob Hope.

Bob Hope Show NaTrang 1965
I had never been a big fan of Hope but in Vietnam he was a breath of home. I will never forget his 1965 show in NaTrang. The Hope show arrived in several of the big Chinooks. We got choppered in early for the show and as SF were nominally a part of security and as such got to go a number of places normally off limits, like close to the girls. Who were the best part of the show. This is Carol Baker one of my favorites at the time. Hope was very nice to everyone ans spoke to all and shook as many hands as he could. How he could remember so manu One-Liners became obvious

Attachments

• bobhope2R.jpg
    bobhope2R.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 128
  • BobHope_GirlsnatrangR.jpg
    BobHope_GirlsnatrangR.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 111
  • bobhopeR.jpg
    bobhopeR.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 125
  • bobhopeshowR.jpg
    bobhopeshowR.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 120
  • carolbakerR.jpg
    carolbakerR.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 114
  • bhopecuecrds.jpg
    bhopecuecrds.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 116
It was about a 2 hour show. They made a stage by backing six flatbed trailers up to each other and nailing a plywood floor to them.

We knew the Tour would visit us, but didn't know the actual day until they arrived. All shows in SEA was held during the day.

I can remember most of the women entertainers, Raquel Welsh, Irene Dunn, Barbara McNair, Miss World, a beauty from South America, but the only guy I can remember besides Bob was Bing Crosby's son. Raquel sang, not very good, but who cared. Barbara McNair could certainly sing and led us in the finale song Silent Night, and there were a lot of wet cheeks, on stage and in the crowd.

I can't believe I misspelled Raquel's name.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back