Ignoring the 101,391 lb Wiking in the room…and then some! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Capt. Vick

Staff
Mod
Jul 23, 2008
Long Island, New York
While thumbing through my recently acquired copy of "Markings and Camouflage Systems of Luftwaffe Aircraft in World War II, Volume III" by Karl Ries Jr. I came across the following picture:

BV222.jpg

Somehow the caption seems a little…oh I don't know…inadequate perhaps?

As near as I can tell, but honestly it took me a while to convince myself of that. Initially I thought I had discovered some gigantic hither-to unknown Luftwaffe aircraft! (Boy wouldn't my parents have been proud!) Admittedly it is viewed at an odd angle, but what clinched it for me was the three diesel engines on the wing, the wing turret (seen both above and below the wing), the visible staining on the retracted wing floats (two places) and the mooring cradle. Another observation: That hanger must have been HUGE!!!

As near as I can tell, but honestly it took me a while to convince myself of that. Initially I thought I had discovered some gigantic hither-to unknown Luftwaffe aircraft! (Boy wouldn't my parents have been proud!) Admittedly it is viewed at an odd angle, but what clinched it for me was the three diesel engines on the wing, the wing turret (seen both above and below the wing), the visible staining on the retracted wing floats (two places) and the mooring cradle. Another observation: That hanger must have been HUGE!!!

You know, the more I look at it the more I agree with you. Unless that's a smaller scale version of it that really was one fricken huge hanger!

I'm sure your mom is proud of you anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back