III./JG54, Black Friday, 29 Dec 1944... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Glad you got your machine squared away...computer issues suck...

Yeah, I agree about the trees (and ther objects) and trying to manouver around them ingame. I've barely touched camo netting when taxiing off the ramp and lit-off my crate in the past...

I hate that!

If we can get pics of all aircraft involved, the accuracy will be tip top.... Trying to nail down the camo jobs on the Typhoons, Spits and Dora-9's...

Wouldn't the camo of the RAF fighters be the standard RAF camo pattern? Or, are you looking for the individual squadron markings?

This is about as good as we're gonna get for Weiss and his Black 10...

Right-DoorsClosed-1.jpg

I'm with ya' man...

Having a hellova time digging up info on the Allied crates, the radio codes are impossible to find.

I'm hoping Terry has some luck finding his info.

And yes, any photographs would be golden

Cool Dave... I pm'd ya with the skins required... Just about time to move it into the IL2 Lounge....

Heres a map I worked up, real basic and cheesy, based on the victory and loss records available.....

Attachments

• ~h~mapped out coesfeld nienborg vreden lengerich.jpg
    ~h~mapped out coesfeld nienborg vreden lengerich.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 115
OK, skin info for the Brits/Norweigans: IMPORTANT ONES
spit Haanes flew FN H
spit Stousland flew FN S
spit Reader flew FN R
Spit lost to Philipp FN Z
Spit shoots down Philipp FN P
typh Church flew F3 C
typh Gibbon flew QC G
BASIC:
Typh kills Kreisel QC K
Typh kills Bellaire F3 B
Typh kills Rupp QC R
Typh F3 K,Q
Typh QC F,T,W
Spit FN A,M,Q

German side: IMPORTANT ONES
Weiss Black 10
Neersen Black 2
Bellaire Black 3
Rupp Black 4
Ungar Yellow 1
Philipp Yellow 6
Rey Yellow 8
Schreiner Yellow 9
Kreisel Yellow 10
BASIC:
Y 2,3,7

The only pilot skins I think we need are Weiss, Philipp, Haanes and Ungar.....

Ive been tryin to find some pics and so far a big fat zero.....

Thanks again for all ur help, and Merv in advance.....

Alright...this helps in a huge way! Thanks!

I'll keep checking here for any photos or additional info Terry, Erich or anyone else might be able to help with.

Otherwise, I'll be working with the duplicate thread in the IL-2 Sturmovik Pilot's lounge.

These historical IL-2 vids are kickass!

I've found some black and white profiles for the Typhoons, and I think a B&W pic. (Got to confirm it's the right period).
Just looking for the Norwegian Spit pics now. The Spits I know looked fairly clean, apart from the usual dirt that would only be seen close up. The colour schemes on both types were the standard Dark Green, Ocean Grey disruptive uppers, with Medium Sea Grey undersurfaces. Squadron codes were Sky, and serials 8 inch black letter/numbers.
I'll try to get some stuff posted later today, probably around 10am Eastern US time.
Do you need a drawing/plan of the pattern for the upper surface camouflage ?

For arguments sake, yes Terry... Also, Im still trying to verify some of the plane assignments...

As far as the RAF birds go, the only actually confirmed number is Haanes FN H.... Need Reader, Stousland, Church and Gibbons' letters...

For the German side, still need Ungar and Reys' Yellow numbers...

BTW David, here are the werknum for the crates lost:
Weiss B10 210060
Bellaire B3 210016
Neersen B2 210057
Rupp B4 210055
Schreiner Y9 21028
Philipp Y6 210014
Kreisel Y10 210076

A bit later than anticipated, but here's a couple of things to be going on with. Note that the pic showing the 439 Sqn Typhoon may have been taken in early 1945, as the Sky tail band has been painted out. Also, the pic of the 331 sqn Spit is possibly immediate post-war, when the Squadron were at Gardermoen and a detachment at Stavanger. Note the lack of cannons and the cockpit canopy removed. Possibly just out after a deep service? However, the camouflage scheme is the same, and note the colours of the Norwegian flag on the spinner.
I'm sure I've got some more pics somewhere, and I'll post a colour plan of the camouflage patterns when I dig out (or draw) a good one. BTW, the FW190D-9 I did for the Reich Defence GB was from III/JG54, attached to JG26 for Bodenplatte, and the colour scheme is bang on, or as bang on as can be going off all the research info and pics of the original. Might help?

Attachments

• Dan Typhoon 004.jpg
    Dan Typhoon 004.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 94
  • Dan Typhoon.jpg
    Dan Typhoon.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Dan Typhoon 001.jpg
    Dan Typhoon 001.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Dan Typhoon 002.jpg
    Dan Typhoon 002.jpg