Il-2 Cockpit Photos/Diagrams (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Gnomey,

There is a IL-2 Stormovik manual in the manual section, Lots of pictures of gauges and such in the manual. Sorry its all in russian but maybe it will help.

Micdrow

Found this photo, kinda interesting. I will keep looking, may have some more

Micdrow

Attachments

• IL-2.JPG
    IL-2.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 467
The only other picture I could find was this one. I thought I had a diagram for a IL-2 gauge layout in english but turned out to be for a Yak 9.

Hopefully the pictures help.

Micdrow

Attachments

• i185m71_standard_cockpit.jpg
    i185m71_standard_cockpit.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 416
Unfortunately,the pic of the cockpit above is of the I-185 fighter.
There drawings of the Il-2 cockpit.I hope it was also helpful for you, Gnomey.
If I find free time I try to translate the Russian descriptions in your colour diagram.

source: "Моделист-Конструктор" 1967, №6

Attachments

• Il-2 cockpit.jpg
    Il-2 cockpit.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 771
I've just found this drawing of the Il2m3 cockpit.

source unknown.

Attachments

• Il2m3 cockpit.jpg
    Il2m3 cockpit.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 575
Hi !!!
As you requested there is the English version.I hope I've done it in a proper way.I mean, I've translated it using the English grammar rules and it'll be understandable.

Attachments

• il2cockpit_english.jpg
    il2cockpit_english.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 1,467
In pictures or in reality ? 'Cos I didn't catch ,what you had in mind.

I've caught.Unfortunately I can agree with you partially only.As far as the Russian planes are concerned their cockpits were painted with light grey colour ( Humbrol 64 for instance) and in early a/cs the instrument panels were painted on the same colour.So the cream colour could be an effect of mixture the light grey AJe-9 with the yellow primer ALG-9 for wooden parts or ALG-1 for the aluminium ones.From 1941 the metal parts were painted with yellow-grey colour (50% ALG-1 + 50% A-14)

You are welcome Lanc.;) But you have already known about it, for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back