IL-2M accurate minitures build - Awesome!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ozhawk40

Master Sergeant
Does anybody get "Air Modeller" magazine? I do on the odd occasion, and was super impressed by this build in issue 21. What a great idea to show the aircraft without paint (naked?) giving insight into the mixed construction of this a/c. Stunning.

(I was going to head this thread "Naked Model" but thought that might get too much attention and disappoint a lot of people!) 8)

What do you think?

Cheers

Attachments

• IL-2M Accurate MIniatures - Ricardo Rodriguez.jpg
    IL-2M Accurate MIniatures - Ricardo Rodriguez.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Have to admit though :oops:, that I don't like the look of the landing gear.....it looks too, what's the word....? Oh b*ll*cks! :lol:

I think Brett Green did a Mossie similar to this in his 'Modelling the Mosquito' book

It looks abit more impressive imo because it looks as though the paints been burn't off which is what he was trying to show

Both incredible models -no idea how they get the wood to look so realistic

Amazing - thank you for posting the pictures! It really gives a good idea of the mixed construction of the Shturmovik. In actual fact, there was no such thing as an "IL-2M" - that designation is a fabrication (although I know well that model companies persist in using it). The designation for this swept-wing version should be "IL-2m3", but even that's a fabrication. The Soviets informally called the swept-wing version of the IL-2 the "so strelkoi", or arrow, in Russian. Sorry to be so nitpicky, but I'm finishing up a book on the IL-2, and one of the things I want to do is educate people on the proper designations of the IL-2. Still, a great post and thank you again, ozhawk40!

Venganza

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back