I'll take that one please! (Ever built a good kit?)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maglar

Tech Sergeant
Jan 29, 2009
Florida
I posted the below already but didnt want to hijack recent purchases so I put it here....

Ive been trying to find a nice kit lately. Like a nice juicy one with PE and all the cool stuff that I never get to get my hands on. Its kind of like going to an expensive restaraunt, I want all the good service. Ive looked through all the manufacturers on my site and theres so many nice kits. I'm open for 1/72 to 1/32, if anyone has any input on a nice solid kit which came with the "goodies" please feel free to put your comment! I know some kits have the verlinden and eduard upgrades, please add if you bought an an upgrade for your kit. World War II aircraft by the way.

This is the first one I saw which I really liked.. 1/48 Vickers Wellington Mk1 Bomber (tsm02808) Trumpeter Plastic Model Plastic Model Airplane 1/40-1/49 Scale

Catch and Rochie have provided some nice kits already, any other contributions would help me focus in on one!

Do some homework
on photo-etch and resin (resin because alot of upgrades are); these aren't easy mediums to work in if you've had no experience and will come as a bit of a shock (for shock read disappointing failure) if all your experience is banked in injection-mold.

Bags of experience in here, far more up to date than me, ask around.

Why don't you get a really good kit ie Tamiya or Hasegawa etc... then buy upgrades for it. Off my head the Tamiya Corsair series are great and doing some open panels to reveal the engine more detailed could be done fairly easily, especially if adding that extra detail is a learning curve.

I agree with the Eduard kits, lots of PE and extras. If you get the Royal Class Fw 190 it comes with a free Ritterkreuz.. I'm not wearing mine though... people stare and it doesn't go with my Motorhead t-shirt. :D

On the downside Eduard are frickking expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back