Ilyshin IL-2 - winter variations?

fruBrewitz

Recruit
2
1
Joined
Apr 4, 2025
Hi,


Does any of you recognize this particular version of paint job?

I'm currently making a model as a tribute to my partners most flown Aircombat planes, a version of Shturmovik with winter paint. It's almost completely white with red on the tip of the wings. The red is not straight but "slanted" nicely. (I guess it only was red flying in friendly zones..?)

We can't find the original picture of this plane, but he think he first found it in a magazine.
 
1743758048989.png
 
1743758872214.png

1743758909509.png
 
I'm not sure but the depiction doesn't indicate the Il-2 but the MiG-3 flown by Capt. A. V. Shlopov of 6 IAP, 6 IAK IA-PVO winter 1941/42.

 
Thanks!

It seems that the MiG-3 colours have been used. Not historical correct but great for visibility when slightly impaired vision-wise. He had a surgery now and vision is better, but not good.

The model is almost done and I'll be happy to share pictures with you in a near future.

/Passive-ww1&2 plane nerd
/Kicki
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back