I'm Finally Back (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aaron Brooks Wolters

Brigadier General
Jul 28, 2007
Abingdon, VA.
Ok folks. I have finally gotten back into building models. After watching you guys for the past couple of years it finally got to be more than I could stand.:lol: So here goes. I'm starting out with a Fujimi 1/48 scale P-51D. I'm not sure what markings I will go with just yet but I started painting the cockpit pieces last night as you can see. I will probably need a LOT of help. I have been looking through some of the tutorials to get caught up.:)

IMG_1105 resized 20.jpg

Good to see you in the frame Aaron! Not a bad old kit either. One little tip - try to choose which kite it's gong to be now, as there might need to be some minor changes along the way. That said - so what? Just get the first one going and sort the details later!
Plan first, test fit next, then test fit again, then plan the build, then test fit, then ....

NOTHING in the cockpit matches what I'm seeing in photos on web. I can't figure out what's what.:lol: Dooowwwwhh, just remembered GeeDee's cockpit. I think we have a solution. I love this forum. :)

Last edited:
Tools also look perfect.
I can't help looking forward to your work, Aaron:shock:

Way cool, Aaron!

I still have this half built Bf109 from the forum's first group build (Defense of the Reich)...but sadly, life totally intervened. That was supposed to be my return to the hobby...and, well...we see how that turned out! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing the progress :thumbleft:

Good on you Aaron and a nice start mate but for how long will that cutting board stay nice and clean

Looking good Aaron. But two things; the control; column is back to front, and the radios should be black, on a 'bare metal' frame. The fuel tank below the radios was normally either very dark green, or black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back