Imperial War Museum London 2011

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
ok here's some pictures from the IWM in london, taken on my recent trip down there.
i will post pictures of the other four museims i visited in seperate threads for each museum.
18 inch navel guns outside the entrance
Picture 527.jpg
Picture 528.jpg
Picture 529.jpg

Jagdpanther
Picture 532.jpg
Picture 548.jpg
Picture 576.jpg
Picture 574.jpg

T-34
Picture 534.jpg
Picture 533.jpg
Picture 535.jpg

pics of the other tanks on the ground floor
Picture 540.jpg
Picture 538.jpg
Picture 537.jpg
Picture 536.jpg
Picture 542.jpg

aircraft to follow

Last edited:
Very nice piccies. I haven't visited the IWM for ages,I really must get down there again.
I've got some somewhere of that Fw190 as "AirMin 75" at the captured enemy aircraft show at Farnborough. We (well,the RAF) stuck it on top of AirMin 77,a Ju88A-6,to illustrate a Mistel combination. It's not clear whether this was an original combination or not.
Cheers
Steve

As far as I remember, the guns are from H.M.S. Vanguard, our last battleship, which never saw action.
The Spitfire is not in its original state, since it's been updated (quite apart from the colour scheme.) The wings are really Va standard, since they have the stiffeners over the wheel wells, which were not introduced until July, 1942.
Edgar

You have a good eye for photos. Thanks for posting them Karl. My lad and I enjoyed our recent visit to the IWM.
Pity that there isn't a Hurricane there.
Cheers
John

Last edited:
cheers fella's was having a hard time with my camera so those are the only good shots, museums are hard places to take good pics i've found !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back