Impressive WW2 photgraphs

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The first two comments are gold too,

[QUOTE ]Patriot • a year ago
Dad joined the army in 36, was in the 2nd wave on Omaha, received a battle-field commission, was in the battle of the bulge, helped liberate Dachau, participated in above the ground atomic tests in early 50, Was part of the Chosun Reservoir retreat in Korea, and retired in 64 -- 2 years after I had joined the army. He never spoke of the horrors he saw (I learned them for myself during my six years). In his military career he earned, not won (it wasn't a game) a silver star, 3 bronze stars, the French Croix de Guerre, among many others. I watched dad die of a rare form of cancer only contracted by exposure to a certain type of radiation produced by those atomic tests. I am an unabashed patriot. I am desperately distressed by the re-writers of history and a 'politically correct' agenda that obfuscates and belies truth and common sense. This is not the America I grew up in -- will love and defend till my dying breath. I greatly fear for my great grandson, now one, as he receives an America that political fools are creating. For God's sake, stop bickering about minutia and the parsing of words. Look deeply into the eyes of these pictured, tortured soul. We MUST learn from history -- else, as with the aftermath of Rome, we enter a morass of 'dark ages' (should we survive).
186 •Reply•Share ›

Oldtimerleon Patriot • a year ago −
You mentioned the Chosin Reservoir retreat. I don't see it as a retreat. We had to fight our way in to rescue the surrounded Marines, then fight our way out to the ocean, then hold back 100,000 Chinese 14 days in 30 to 40 degree BELOW Zero weather while the Marines and thousands of Korean refugees were evacuated. We held until 11:00 PM, 24 Dec 1950 when finally, my unit boarded a LST. We never ever ran, we fought, under orders, every minute including the boarding the LST. If that's a retreat, I'll kiss your ass in public and give you 30 minutes to draw a crowd. Leon l. Espe, First Sergeant, US Army, Retired.
[/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back