In-Box: 1/48th scale Avro Lancaster B Mk.I from HK Models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
IMG_20210312_134233.jpg

The Modelling News: In-Boxed: 1/48th scale Avro Lancaster B Mk.I from HK Models

It does look pretty nice though and a worthy improvement over the old Tamiya kit. I like the wing structure moulded with the engine nacelles but would have liked to see some more of the cockpit detail. Will I get one? Probably not.

Looks rather good overall, and possibly better than their 1/32nd scale kit. Pleasantly surprised at the price of £75 in the UK, which compares very well with the old Tamiya kit.
I'd quite like one, and could be tempted - but I'd need to invest ££££s in a bigger house, to find room to display it !!!

Just been looking around some suppliers, and that price of £75 for the Lanc in the UK is a bit off.
Cheapest I've seen, on special offer, pre-order only, is £105, with the average price being £115.

Yes, I could be tempted at £75 ( about the current price of the old Tamiya kit ), and maybe even at £105.
I have the original Tamiya kit, as opposed to the up-dated version , but both need some work just to correct the inaccuracies, and lots more work to add visible internal detail.
I'll wait and see if any better special offers come up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back