In Memory of Bob Chamblerlain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com
I wanted to start a thread to show support for Joe and Bob Chamberlain's family. Please place well-wishes here and Joe can direct family, friends and colleagues of Bob here to show our support for them in their time of grief.

I met and spoke with Bob a few times, a friendly man with a good sense of humor and a welcome smile. When I told him I was a friend of Joe, he would say "I won't hold that against you" with a big grin.

Pilot, veteran, father, grandfather, friend, mentor and I am sure a host of other labels have been placed upon him. His passing marks a sad day for aviation and our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Bob. Clear skies and tail winds, Bob. :salute:

Attachments

• Bob_Memorial.jpg
    Bob_Memorial.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 322
It's a shame I never met the man; I've heard so much about him. Edna Mae and I extend sincere condolences to Joe
and his wife, and the Chamberlain family. Fair winds and following seas.....

:salute:

Charles

He clearly lived life to the full and was willing to share it with anyone. I never met him but am fortunate to know people like him and at a time like this you get a feeling as to how much they are missed.

Best wishes to all his family and friends

I have never met Bob, but I have heard wonderful things about him from Joe and Eric. I also have seen many pictures of the man, and he seemed like a true and honest man. He devoted his life to aviation and his family. He shall be missed!

:salute:

Well, I've been trying all morning to come up with some suitable words to put here and have so far failed miserably.

I am not a pilot, and I didn't personally know Bob, but I get the distinct impression that Bob was not the kind of guy who would just sit there and do nothing when it all started going wrong.

The fact that he was able to avoid houses (Knowing how built-up areas are normaly around airfields) while dealing with his emergency, keeping his passenger briefed and who knows what else, to me, speaks volumes both about his skill and character and a selfless attitude that defines a real man.

Joe, to you and your families, I offer my sincere condolances on your loss.

Joe, I have been asked to pass along condolences to you and the whole family from the folks at Fencecheck. I also was asked to pass this one along:

Since it sounds like you're in contact with Joe, would you pass a message on to him that Alan Radecki expresses his sadness at the news? I used to work with Joe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back