Instructions for over 47 pilots

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

davparlr

Senior Master Sergeant
Mar 23, 2006
Southern California
For you guys over 47, here's some safety instructions from Hap Arnold!

Attachments

• HapArnoldLetter.jpg
    HapArnoldLetter.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 209
47 is the new 37...lol

I wonder how many "old guys" where glad when they read this and how many where disappointed?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was frequently thought that a young persons "feeling of immortality" (ignorance of youth...call it what you will) was his most valuable asset in facing combat (danger)...

That's me and Wurger happy then. We can go off to the pub instead of all that stupid flying..

Another beer mate? :D

Intersting, I will leave it here for a few more days and then move it to the aircrews area of the technical forum. Many thanks!!!

The way I read it, it is not an order per se, but a suggestion, or perhaps a request. Note the words, "not be required",
and "....it is desired". There is a lot of open-endedness to this memo. Those CO's who interpreted this the wrong way
really tic'd some of the older pilots off.

Charles

He he!!

I'm gonna have to print this out and post it on the wall at the clubrooms.

It should get a decent response from some of the older guys!!

Last edited:
I know its not to do with pilots but there was an orbitury in the paper last week. An RAF Flt Lt died and the reason he was in the paper was that he was shot down in 1940 aged 53 and escaped from a POW camp aged 57, could be some kind of record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back