Interested in Stalag Lugers?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CAPND95

Banned
Nov 26, 2009
I am a retired Coastie, Air Force Brat. My father wanted to publish his book on his experiences in WWII as a POW in Stalag Lager VII-A and Stalag Lager XVII-B but never accomplished that goal. My three brothers and I are "getting smart" on the subject in order to finish the book. I think that there must be people on this forum who could send us in the right direction.

After reading some of the posts, it looks like I am going to enjoy this forum as a regular participant.

Anyone who has contacts, info, etc. about the two POW camps listed, please send a PM or post to this thread.

I have original photos my Dad took inside the camp using a bribed camera.

Some quick Google finds to get you started...there were a few in German, but I couldn't find a link to flip to English, so I didn't include those:

The Liberation of Stalag VIIA

Moosburg Online: Stalag VII A (Oral history: Dennebaum)

Stalag IV-Lager B

BBC - WW2 People's War - Prisoner of the Germans - 2 - Stalag VII

List of prisoner-of-war camps in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Online Encyclopedia and Dictionary - List of German WWII POW camps

Nazi POW Camps

Research of WWII B-24 POW Stalag Lufts of WW2

ETA: Gotta love the Internet. Hit Amazon.com, typed in Stalag Luft VII, and the first book to pop up was titled "A wartime log covering Stalag Luft III and Stalag VII-A" by Joel H. Tutt. A used copy was going for $100, which I found odd for a book published in '85. So I Googled the book, and came up with quite a few links! Browsing this first one looks promising, with a lot of other people searching...best part is, their emails are linked at the bottom of their posts. You might start some inquiries there, too.

http://www.wartimememories.co.uk/pow/stalag7a.html

Last edited:
After two years my brothers and I have finally completed our spamming campaign.
We thank all of you who have helped out with this project. It is truly a product of the village.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back