Internet saved me today

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

TimEwers

Airman 1st Class
Aug 28, 2010
Well I cleaned up my workspace a few days ago and threw away a set of instructions to one of the kits I'm working on Did not relies it till I went back to try and finish it up and could not find them. Thankfully found a set on the net that were clear enough for me to use.

Of course I suppose I would not have that problem if I was only putting together one kit at a time instead of the three I am doing now. But I can't help it I hit a snag with one I put it aside and build a little on the other hit a snag with it start on another one then go back to the first one which is what I'm doing now wings and landing gear and it's done, then I'll figure out which of the other two to build on for a while.

And I bet I'm not the only one that does this.

I have the same problem.

To solve this problem I have one of them clear plastic envelopes split up the side on the side of my bench. I keep all the instructions for the kits I am working on in it. Only take out the one I'm doing stuff to, keep the others in the envelope, religiously. It's habit now.

I keep a clear pocket ring binder with one pocket per plane, keep decals and other lose stuff in it for every kit unfinished. then another for all them left over decals. Two folders, easy to manage.

Lately I've been scanning the instructions before I start a build. I've had to print them out more than once!
I do the same but also for an other reason: I keep original instructions in a safe place and work with a print from the scan so I can add notes etc.
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back