Intro and Hopefully an Interesting Question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

triton2toro

Recruit
Jul 28, 2013
I recently got into airplane modeling, and have chosen to build planes from WWII. To me, there were so many iconic planes, across so many different nations, deciding to build WWII model airplanes was a no brainer. I want to display my planes with a little information about each one- most of which I can find on the internet. However, since my friends probably no little about WWII planes, I was hoping to add a note about what movies a plane may have appeared in. For example, "The Mitsubishi A6M Zero was seen flown by pilots during the Pearl Harbor attack in the movie Pearl Harbor." (Btw, I don't know if that's true or not. So I'm hoping that WWII aircraft enthusiasts would watch a WWII movie and recognize the plane.
Here's a list of the planes I will or have built so far.

P 40B Tiger Shark
Mitsubishi A6M3 Type 32 Zero
Messerschmitt BF 109G-10
P 51D Mustang
Supermarine Spitfire MK1
P 47D Thunderbolt
TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber
P38J Lightning
F6F-5 Hellcat

Hopefully, someone will be able to tell me what movies these planes may have appeared in. Thanks a lot in advance. I plan to start building a few more obscure (obscure to me at least) planes in the future, but that's my list for now!

Not being a movie watching person, I'm not going to hazard a guess here(and don't get the lads going on the Pearl Harbor movie) but others will pop in and steer you right. Welcome from Canader, eh and welcome to the forum where it's always Christmas :reindeer:

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back