Intro , of an old pilot

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Algonquin

Airman
Apr 20, 2016
Hi folks, just thought I'd intro myself here. I'm a retired ( sorta) pilot. Also now a A& P , IA. I've been working on war birds and flying some. As of late I've been doing the repairs and maintenance on a TBM, wonderful machine and doing engine runs and taxiing it make my day. Flew a T-6 the other day another great machine, along with a YAK 52. I've enjoyed this site and find it very diverse and interesting.
The field I've been working on is PVT , so I don't want to list it, sorry. On the field there are a few war bird and just being around them is a thrill for me, but getting rides and working on them is over the top. We have a: P51d, T6, TBM, OH-13, TH55a, L-4, OTW, and a Wilga plus several others modern planes. I hope I never get tired of all of it. Thanks for a great site.

Thank you, I see your in Poland, I've been working on a Wilga for a couple of months and seem to have trouble getting parts for the brakes. Any leads?

The Wilga hasn't been assembled for ages.Not sure if there can be found parts for the plane. But I may ask. I'll drop a line to you if I find out.

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have a dream job. I volunteer for an organization that's restoring a Mk XII Hurricane and a PR35 Mosquito. Just back today having finished rebuilding the Merlin for the Hurricane.

welcome to the forum....we like pictures of planes...so feel free to post pics of the ones you work on..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back