Introducing myself!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Meredyth

Recruit
Jul 16, 2006
Hello! My name is Meredyth and I work at the 390th Memorial Museum in Tucson, Arizona. We have a beautiful B-17 on site and my co-worker Andy (82 years old) was a WWII top turret gunner!

I love my job and just wanted to say hi and see if I can find out more info on the B-17 and related aircraft. If anyone has any 390th or B-17 stories, I'd love to hear them. We have a quarterly newsletter and are always looking for material. Also, if you have any questions for us, let me know. We can research and Andy loves to answer questions. :D

Welcome.

Hey Eric can you give me some info on how to get into the CAF. I have an A&P Liscense I can work on the aircraft, I can do whatever they want!

Man that would be awesome to work on the aircraft.

It's very easy actually. If you go to the CAF website, they have the application for commission. Fill it out and pay yearly dues and that's it. Of course, it helps to be near a local chapter. Go to the main CAF website and click on Wings and Squadrons on the left, it lists all of them by state or country. The only current European chapter is in France. Unfortunately, there aren't any in Alaska. But you could contact them on starting one.
Official Home Page of the Commemorative Air Force

"The only current European chapter is in France."

Eric ... Switzerland is in Europe too, y'know?

evangilder said:
It's very easy actually. If you go to the CAF website, they have the application for commission. Fill it out and pay yearly dues and that's it. Of course, it helps to be near a local chapter. Go to the main CAF website and click on Wings and Squadrons on the left, it lists all of them by state or country. The only current European chapter is in France. Unfortunately, there aren't any in Alaska. But you could contact them on starting one.
Official Home Page of the Commemorative Air Force

Cool thanks for the info. I doubt they would start one in Alaska but I would be willing to travel everyonce in a while to volunteer and what not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back