iPhone Modelers App

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Found this one night while searching for something else. Not sure which section to put it under, so if a Mod wants to move, fine by me. The app is called iModelkit. There is a free version and a version for 6$+. I'll leave it up to the people who know colors better than I do to comment, but I think this app is outstanding. First off, there are color charts and model paint references, 35 paints in all including oil paints.

image.png

image_1.png

When you open a color chart, in this case RLM, and click on a color, RLM24, if a paint manufacturer makes the color, it will be display. Again, I will leave it up to the individual to decide if the colors are correct but I am really surprised at the different variations on the same color.

image_2.png

Paint manufactures don't make the color you want, no problem. The next window features a paint mixer. You click on the color you want and the paint brand you want to mix. The paid version allows you to mix different brands together, hmmmmm.

image_3.png

I took the RLM24 and using VallejoAir brand and less than 5 minutes of playing around, came up with this. Close, but I don't know what I'm doing.

image_4.png

Next up is a Scale Computation and not just aircraft scales. Also it has styrene shapes, 14 in all.

image_5.png

image_6.png

Finally, you've got your paint mix formulas but if you're like me, memory span of a goldfish and have, hey, a squirrel, A.D.D., you're not going to remember the mix...voila, a notebook.

image_7.png

Personally, I think this is a great app. The paid version is ad-free and there are a few other options, but the free version works for me.

Geo

Last edited:
That's another addition to the iPhone for me, thanks. I'm sure that will kill the rest of my available memory when combined with today's iOS.7 update.

Cheers Chris

Looks interesting, but I can't work one of those Ip hoe nee things, and i haven't a clue what an 'app' is !

Luxury! I'm still using a Motorola 'Rzor' !!! (but it works, and it's got buttons, not those irritating bl**dy touch screens that my fingers **** up!).

Got 2yrs left on my iphone and then I'm swapping to Samsung. Hopefully the app will be available by then.

Geo

Samsung is ok, my mum's phone (S3) is a lemon, she never gets signal on the net and her touch screen takes about 7-8 touches before it registers anything,
but my S3 is fantastic :D havn't had a problem with it :)

I wish they made a normal phone for people that don't want all this I-cr*p and And-rots
If they didn't all look like Senior phones I'd probably get a regular touch cell phone :) The "Katana" (Razr "homage" lol) was by far my favorite phone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back