IPMS USA 2009

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No couldn't make it - we were in the midst of buying a new house. Maybe next year.

Thanks for posting the links to the pics! How about some of the smaller scales as well?

Take a look at part 2! There is a Tamiya F-16 that will knock your socks off, a F-14 by John Vojtech that took second place because of injector pin marks in the air intake supposedly, and then scroll down for the winner: an F-14 Tomcat.

Nice stuff Colin. Some good models there, and a couple of dodgy ones! Whoever did the conversion of the Hasegawa Spit to a Mk1 didn't do much research I think!

Nice stuff Colin. Some good models there, and a couple of dodgy ones! Whoever did the conversion of the Hasegawa Spit to a Mk1 didn't do much research I think!
To be honest Terry
I thought it was a Revell Spitfire - I didn't realise Hasegawa had released a 32nd scale offering with an open-able engine bay. Mind you, I'm a bit behind on all this stuff.

Actually Colin, it could well be the old Revell Spit, as the seat has the flare cartridge rack, as per the Revell kit. It was because the writer said it was Hasegawa that made me mention it. It has the undercart lever of the Hasegawa MkV, and the Mk1 had a hand pump. Overall, there's something about it that just doesn't look right, apart from the camouflage pattern and the incorrect fuselage roundel. I'd need to check, but I think that particular aircraft had the HF radio, with the 'straight' antenna mast. The markings are the same as provided in the early Airfix 1/24th scale kit, and I wonder if it's actually this, and the author got it wrong?

Greetings, gents:

I went, and had a great time. I met an on-line bud for the first time in person, we both entered some of our builds, and I came down with some members of my club. One of our members garnered a 2nd place for his 1/72 Corsair and a 3rd for his 1/72 Heinkel He-111. Clean builds that beat out a lot of weithered birds:D.

Pete L.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back