Iranian boats harass US warships

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I saw the film this morning. The CO should have been allowed to have live fire practice. The saliors are well trained if they can allow the boats to get that close and not fire. Crazy rules.

DBII

Opps. I'm sorry Sir, I did not know it was loaded. I did not mean to use the 16 in gun on the boat Sir. (I am still pissed about the hostage thing)

DBII

It was remote controled drones with recorded radio traffic. Matt, I use to shoot in college but only small bore. What is the longest shot you made open sight? Did you every shot at Camp Perry?

DBII

You know it was all a staged incident with "expendables" to provoke an international incident with Bush over there.

Exactly!...

The OIC either showed remarkable restraint or he was a Pu*sy.

Can the Phalanx hit a surface vessel that slow (compared to a sea skimming missle)?

Would be fun to watch.

both did, whata bet Bush wants to get Israel finally involved......." hey remember when you sacked that other nuke facility ah yeah that was it darn nab it, let er buck ! "

Not the first time this has happened. I remember hearing about these swarms back in 2003 when I was in the Gulf. In the end it was Iraqi boats that did it to us a day or two before the shooting started.

It was remote controled drones with recorded radio traffic. Matt, I use to shoot in college but only small bore. What is the longest shot you made open sight? Did you every shot at Camp Perry?

DBII

We have a 500yd range with full target berms. Never been to Camp Perry. You kidding? I wouldn't want to embarrass myself any more than I already am. I love the small bore chicken, pig, ram, etc. I put a bull barrel on a Ruger 10/22 with a cheap 3-9X Bushnell scope and really %iss off the other guys with their Anschutz tricked out guns. I've actually shot about 3/16" at 40yds off-hand on a really good day. Kept that target I'll tell ya. Don't think I could do that again. :lol:

I agree with Matt on this. We should have blown them out of the water. They want to play with the big boys then **** em'.

Certainly the video and the audio are NOT chronologically synched. I suspect that the identification of the "inbounds" was way before they were remotely within visual distance. I further suspect that any closer and they would have been a grease spot in the wake of any of those ships. Assuming they new they originated from Iran they likely were playing it politically safe knowing that these little cigarette boats posed no threat other than being packed with explosives. 200yds (which was about where they were) was probably the point of no return. So close. I would opened up on them just because of the audio. But then again, I suspect the transmission did not originate from the boats and likely originated from mainland Iran. More subterfuge to add to the confusion I suppose. If they were real men, they would have done it at night. Now I bet that would have ended in a completely different result.

Matt, I was good enough to get the invites. I would place from time to time and I even won a couple of matches (not Perry). I often wondered how good I would have been if I had proper coaching. When I was a cadet, the tank platoon I was asigned to was working on tank tables. They were shooting M16 adapted to fire as the main gun. The 1Lt passed the M16 down to me at the end of the day. It was missing the hand guards and only had a single round left. I shoulder the weapon and could not help but aim at the targets. The Lt laughted and said that there was no way I could hit anything. I took that as permission to fire and I hit the plastic tank target. It was an easy shot less than a 100 meters but I had bragging rights for the summer. Sorry, I guess this should be for another thread.

war against terrorists is a good thing. but on the other side,you all seem to be enthusiastic about a casus belli (which is as pathetic as against Iraq,we all know that Saddam been the biggest buddy as he fought the sah in Iran, no mass-dess weapons ,but oil there, and u see the result..the poor suffering iraqis..ts ts, thats bs ,sorry. no1 cared about them before, and in many many countries currently. look pakistan,look chad, the rulers are like saddam,but they are supported by the us. think about the consequences..the whole islam world would be allied after an attack. its not like ww2 anymore..these crazy suicide bombers are like a ghost.u cant do anything. no offense,i understand why ppl dislike the iran, this ahmadinejad is horrible and a f*g,no doubt. but please,consider it once again. war isnt good. i red some articles,that this 'offensive' manouver of the iranian gunboats been a bit faked and photoshopped.. i wouldnt wonder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back