Iranian F-14 on Google Earth (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aggie08

Staff Sergeant
Apr 15, 2005
Texas
32°45'36.67"N 51°52'51.94"E

Pretty cool! If you use the Wikipedia page (List of Iranian Air Force Bases - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) you can see all kinds of cool stuff. I'm particularly interested in the Iranian air force because of the mix of soviet/American aircraft. I've also found F-4s, Su-20s, C-130s, and P-3s right next to Il-76s.

Quite a few countries' airbases are listed by coordinates. It's fun!

Just look up air forces on wikipedia, they list coordinates of many air bases. fire up google earth and type in the coordinates, then look around.

Yep that's exactly what I did was hoping you would post some pinpoint coords

All in all, the Iranian Air Force was said to have launched possibly 70 to 90 AIM-54A missiles, and 60-70 of those scored. Of those, almost 90% of the AIM-54A missiles fired were used against Iraqi fighters and fighter-bombers. Only about a dozen victories by AIM-54s were claimed to be against fast, high-flying targets such as the MiG-25 or Tu-22 'Blinder'. The successes in aerial combat, if true, would make the Iranian Air Force the most successful user of the F-14 Tomcat during its operational history.

Combat history of the F-14 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow, that is interesting indeed. Funny how these things work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back