Irbitis I-17 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Snautzer01

Honourably banned
Mar 26, 2007
Irbitis I-17 Fliegerhorst Neukuhren

Irbitis I-17 Fliegerhorst Neukuhren.jpg

Looks like a blast to fly ... and, maybe, underpowered - lol.

Irbitis I-17 Fliegerhorst Neukuhren

View attachment 365478
Hello!
I am currently building a full scale flying replica of this airplane from original factory drawings. Sure, I am very keen to collect all available information regarding this reare airplane. Six were built in total. One was taken by Soviets for flight tests and research when they entered Latvia in 1940. Other five were finished during 'German times' and flown to Torn by Luftwaffe pilots to be used for pilot training. Their final fate in unknown. Latvians, themselves, had a chance to make a couple of flight test trials only at Spilve airfield in this airplane. In fact, it never wore Latvian Airforce markings. The very first airplane built somewere in winter of 1940 wore Soviet Airforce red stars, as can be seen on factory picture of that time. The other ones were painted in Luftwaffe markings as seen here. We never new what numbers were used on these airplanes after German AW marking. Now we have one definite example and can guess about others. Thanks, for posting this picture here.
Here comes my question. Are you willing to sell this picture to me? If not, could you, please remove this semi-transparent writing over the picture and send me a good quality scan of the picture? If this is not your picture, can an origin of its owner be traced in some way?
Best wishes,
Maris

Hi it is not mine. And till now the only one i came acrossfermans used factory numbers for beute aircraft. No new number. Must be in some achive a document the aircraft code with this number. So xx+yy is related to 123456.

Last edited:
Hi it is not mine. And till now the only one i came acrossfermans used factory numbers for beute aircraft. No new number. Must be in some achive a document the aircraft code with this number. So xx+yy is related to 123456.
Many thanks for quick response. Interesting thought that Germans used aircraft factory serial numbers for their AW markings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back