Iron Coffins

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vassili Zaitzev

Master Sergeant
Nov 25, 2005
Connecticut, United States
Spent this week reading the book Iron Coffins by Herbert A. Werner, and all I can say is wow. Commander Werner had some incredible luck during his time in the Kreigsmarine. This book was an excellent biography for life aboard a U-boat, and I would highly recomend this to anybody interested in U-boats.

U-boats have always been a huge fasination for me. Iron Coffins is a book that is in my collection and I break it out often to read it. Here is a few websites if you really like U-boats.

The U-boat Wars 1939-1945 (Kriegsmarine) and 1914-1918 (Kaiserliche Marine) and Allied Warships of WWII - uboat.net

U-boat Archive (this website has alot of great pictures plus U-boat KTB's (War Diary)to enjoy reading.) This is my favorite website on U-boats, as not only do they have KTB's, but survivor reports to read what the german sailors thought on many aspects of the U-boats.

have the original edition yes excellent, please go to the above link on uboat.net and note all the books on this craft, and I mean there are many most to do with operational history and the Boot variants but there are some personal bio's there one just has to take the time and wander.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back