Italian night fighter, Fiat CR 42 CN (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Night Fighter Nut

Master Sergeant
Nov 3, 2009
Plano Texas
Well gang, it took me almost two years to do in between moving and looking for work. Finally got this finished and added to my collection of Night Fighters.

This kit is from Classic Airframes
It's 1:48 scale with no after market items. I did alter the elevator a little but otherwise it is unchanged. I didn't do well with the wings but I think it turned out ok with my feeble skills.

IMG_0493.JPG
IMG_0482.JPG
IMG_0483.JPG
IMG_0484.JPG
IMG_0485.JPG
IMG_0486.JPG
IMG_0487.JPG
IMG_0488.JPG
IMG_0489.JPG
IMG_0490.JPG
IMG_0491.JPG
IMG_0492.JPG

Hope you like it. :)

Thanks guys. Terry, yes those white things under the wings are search lights powered by that little propeller generator on top of the wing.

Michael, In reading about this aircraft, I found that success was fleeting. The guns were undersized for the task and it's speed was not a match for the faster Allied planes. My understanding is their top night fighter pilot would shoot up his target first and if that didn't work, would end up ramming his plane into them. He was definately a determined pilot. :)

Last edited:
Knowing what you started with, that's an outstanding result. I built CA's CR.42 with a similar wing set up and attempting to align all the struts and place the upper wing was like trying to spin plates on poles. I'm impressed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back