Italian translation - help please

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WJPearce

Airman 1st Class
Feb 4, 2010
oldmachinepress.com
An odd request and I'm not sure where it should go. I am working on a project and I need some Italian audio translated to English. I figured with the large international community we have here, it would be a good place to start.

Below are three short Youtube videos in Italian. I would like to know the speed the airboats (idroscivolanti) achieved on the speed runs. I don't need everything translated, just the important facts. I have included some info below each link to put the video in context; the "?" indicates info I am not sure about. Any corrections are appreciated.

Italia. Bracciano

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkQHHIgzb8Y
(19 July 1939) Fernando Venturi in a Fiat (A50?)-powered Saliman on lago di Bracciano. Setting a record for the 800 kg class? Speed sounds like 79 km/h but this seems a little slow. (Then again, I don't speak Italian.)

Italia. Lago di Bracciano

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUiEhxBn1xw
(9 August 1939) Col. Goffredo Gorini setting a speed record on lago di Bracciano. Speed of over 135 km/h achieved but had technical problems? The confusing part (to me) is that the video shows two different but vary similar boats. One is a SIAI-built boat powered a 9-cylinder Alfa Romeo D.2 engine (red cowl). Gorini was associated with this boat, but it was driven by Prospero Freri in the Raid Pavia-Venezia. The other boat is similar but powered by a 7-cylinder Alfa Romeo (Lynx?) engine (silver cowl). This is the boat that Gorini drove in the Raid Pavia-Venezia. I'm not sure if Gorini tried one boat (9-cylinder) but then switched to the other (7-cylinder), or if the similarity of the two boats was overlooked when the video was originally made. There is only one pass that shows the 7-cylinder boat.

Nuovo record di Venturi su idroscivolante

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNjDJR49xm4
(22 August 1951) Franco Ventrui on lago di Sabaudia in a Wright-powered boat. Setting a record for the 800 kg class at 147 km/h over 1 km?

Again, I'd really appreciate it if any Italian-speaker could let me know the speeds and any important details like the weight class and issues.

Thank you for the help!

Regards,

Not a whealt of thechnical information, I should say, in these movies, they were filmed to be shown before the motion picture blockbusters of those times, no TV then.

1st Movie
(19 July 1939) Fernando Venturi in a Fiat (A50?)-powered Saliman on lago di Bracciano. Setting a record for the 800 kg class? Speed sounds like 79 km/h but this seems a little slow. (Then again, I don't speak Italian.)

Idroscivolante Saliman a due galleggianti
Engine Fiat ( no mention of the mark), two blades propeller
Centurione Romano (Fascist Forces Militia) Fernando Venturi
Class under 800 kg
Speed (media of two passes) 79,971 km/h

2nd Movie
(9 August 1939) Col. Goffredo Gorini setting a speed record on lago di Bracciano. Speed of over 135 km/h achieved but had technical problems? The confusing part (to me) is that the video shows two different but vary similar boats. One is a SIAI-built boat powered a 9-cylinder Alfa Romeo D.2 engine (red cowl). Gorini was associated with this boat, but it was driven by Prospero Freri in the Raid Pavia-Venezia. The other boat is similar but powered by a 7-cylinder Alfa Romeo (Lynx?) engine (silver cowl). This is the boat that Gorini drove in the Raid Pavia-Venezia. I'm not sure if Gorini tried one boat (9-cylinder) but then switched to the other (7-cylinder), or if the similarity of the two boats was overlooked when the video was originally made. There is only one pass that shows the 7-cylinder boat.

Record speed of 147 km/h, top speed 155 km/h

3rd Movie
(22 August 1951) Franco Ventrui on lago di Sabaudia in a Wright-powered boat. Setting a record for the 800 kg class at 147 km/h over 1 km?

Three propeller blade, engine 450 hp no mention of type
Weight 870 kg top class
Speed 156 km/h

Users who are viewing this thread

Back