It's Christmas Time...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GrauGeist

Generalfeldmarschall zur Luftschiff Abteilung
And so I see that I am perhaps one of the last to use a Christmas sig. Oh, how the times have changed.

And on another note, I remember how much Marcel loved the old Christmas banner, so I'll post it here just for his pleasure! :evil4:

Christmas_Banner.jpg

You're welcome! :lol:

According to an advisory which described tips for an "all-inclusive, multicultural holiday party at the office," describing Christmas as a "holiday" is not longer multicultural enough because, "Not all faith traditions have holidays in December, and not everyone identifies with a particular faith tradition."

Mark Kessler, professor of multicultural women's and gender studies, says that in order to avoid "missteps" that might offend Muslims, Jews or atheists, party planners should refrain from using the word "holiday" because it "connotes religious tradition and may not apply to all employees."

The use of "religious symbolism, such as images of Santa Claus, evergreen trees, or red-nosed reindeer" is also discouraged, as is "red and green sugar cookies shaped like Christmas trees." Halal or kosher food should be offered to meet the "requirements of non-majority groups in your organization."

Music "associated with a faith tradition, such as Christmas carols," is also discouraged, with a "multicultural playlist that reflects all faith traditions" preferred.

Parties scheduled for December should be renamed "end of semester" parties or "end of fiscal year" parties.
SOOOO......

Best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most joyous traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, but with respect for the religious persuasion of others who choose to practice their own religion as well as those who choose not to practice a religion at all;

Additionally,

a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the generally accepted calendar year 2017, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions have helped make our society great, without regard to the race, creed, color, religious, or sexual preferences of the wishes.

(Disclaimer: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and no responsibility for any unintended emotional stress these greetings may bring to those not caught up in the holiday spirit.)

All I can say is that I'm glad I'm only a few years away from retirement when I no longer have to be careful of what I say or do, fearful of offending someone's religious, ethnic, social or gender leaning and can happily join the Archie Bunker club of "I don't give a rats ass!"

:lol:

archie-bunker.jpg

There ya' go, guys! At least some of us are keeping the forum tradition alive!

I do hope that the Holiday season is finding everyone and their family healthy and safe

And Mike - I got into a heated discussion with a person a while back, who felt that all religious Holidays should be banned, especially since Christianity "stole" pagan Holidays and "rebranded" them.

I said, well, you do realize that school's summer break was to allow children to help on the family farm during planting and harvest season...so that should be eliminated entirely since society is no longer reliant on agriculture - therefore, no summer break.

Also, "winter break" and "spring break" were times allocated for school children to travel home to be with families during the Holidays and since there is a movement to abolish Holidays, then no breaks are needed - stay in school and deal with it!

Also, since time off from work for the Holidays were for the family to be together (along with the breaks mentioned above), these should be eliminated, too. No paid days off - go to work and deal with it!

They argued that these "Holidays" should just be made non-religious seasonal events and my closing argument was: "oh, so in essence, you want to 'rebrand' these Holidays. Sounds like I've heard this somewhere before..."

And so I wished them a Merry Christmas and went on my way! :evil4:

And so I see that I am perhaps one of the last to use a Christmas sig. Oh, how the times have changed.

And on another note, I remember how much Marcel loved the old Christmas banner, so I'll post it here just for his pleasure! :evil4:

View attachment 360757
You're welcome! :lol:
Marcel, Terry and I were laughing about the Xmas banner when we met up in October :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back