Its hard living in New Zealand...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I suspect that it varies. My best guess is that for most people, yes. For you, depending upon whether anyone figures out who you are, maybe not.:p

Yeah, living here, its hard to gauge how we compare on the friendliness scale.

But, yes, it does vary from place to place. The further off the beaten track you go, the friendlier people seem to get.

Our impression is that NZ is a friendly place. Is that true?

Cheers
John

Good and bad people, same as anywhere mate. Overall though , people are friendlier than here in Europe for example, with the notable exception of a couple of towns I could name.
I think we're more down to earth than some countries in any case, and most people will generally call a spade a spade, if you know what I mean (for good or bad!) :)

Evan

I suspect that it varies. My best guess is that for most people, yes. For you, depending upon whether anyone figures out who you are, maybe not.:p

I always leave with my head held high and my feet held higher :)

In my global travels I have experienced the warm welcome afforded to the English....and that's before I open my gob :)

I think we're more down to earth than some countries in any case, and most people will generally call a spade a spade, if you know what I mean (for good or bad!) :)

Evan

That's a good thing Evan. Say what you mean ! I cannot be doing with all this PC bollocks.
Cheers
John

Yes and no John, a time and place for everything, but yeah - much better to know where you stand than being dicked around. Noone likes being taken the p!ss out of!

Yes and no John, a time and place for everything, but yeah - much better to know where you stand than being dicked around. Noone likes being taken the p!ss out of!

Very true. We are so tongue tied with PC'ness here.
You could spend ages saying something slightly contentious but, in a PC way, that the whole point of what you are trying to say gets well lost.. or everyone falls asleep :)

Cue... any politician..

minen.jpg

I see your German poster Wojtku, and raise you two Cambodian ones! :)

(Actually still a very serious problem there sadly -I strongly think positions should be tracked when laying them, and all removed at cease of hostilities...)

STA52748.JPG

STA52745.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back