It´s hot dog day!!! LOL

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very amusing Udet. Surely, George Bush must go down as the most lampooned President in living memory?

Nothing more American than eating a hot dog except maybe eating an apple pie with a hot dog in it".

While on the subject of American delicacies, what exactly is a "peanut butter and JELLY" sandwich? Over here, jelly is a product of boiling water, flavour and gelatine (alum?) which produces a 'ballistic jelly' like substance that is added to ice cream, fruit salad, etc, to make a desert. It's also an ingredient in an alchohol based dessert called 'trifle'. I can't imagine it on a sandwich.

Or, does 'jelly' equate to 'jam' in the U.S.?

Jelly very similar to jam. Jam has bits of the fruit in it - such as strawberry or marmalade. Jelly is the same but without the fruit bits and more like a Jello consistancy.

I love Rhubarb jam / jelly.

Thanks for the condiment update Chris! They tried to market a peanut butter/'jelly' spread, contained in one jar, in a sort of 'swirl' pattern, many years ago - didn't last long in the land of Vegemite!

ahhh but Graeme, you should try 'Fluff-n-Nutter" - thats when they took that jelly/peanut butter swirl stuff and added marshmellows! Oh to be a kid again!

Hmmm..I think this is what did it...
Nothing more American than eating a hot dog

And so I stated thinking about American icons...and I was having dessert at the time...and...

My apologies Udet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back