IV/JG 54 on 14 January 1945 mission

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

phil41

Recruit
Jul 6, 2006
Hi,

Please I am searching for the list of the involved and casualties of pilots and a/c which belonged to the IV/JG 54 during the 14 January 1945 mission.
Thank you very much indeed.
Regards
Philippe

Bonjour,

Yes thank you very much. This discussion gives many and many details, infos. Please did it give an article ? I am searching for the casualties of IV/JG 54 on that day.
Regards
Philippe

I do not remember. Check the thread and I think that there are links posted. This was many years ago.

Hi,

Please I am searching for the list of the involved and casualties of pilots and a/c which belonged to the IV/JG 54 during the 14 January 1945 mission.
Thank you very much indeed.
Regards
Philippe
From Werner Girbig's Six Months to Oblivion (originally published in German as Start im Morgengrauen)

Over Münsterland another tragedy was enacted when IV./JG 54, already much reduced in strength from the operations of the past few weeks, was set upon and cut to pieces by Allied fighters between the Dümmer See and the Mittelland Canal. Two Staffelkapitäne were killed in this battle – Oberleutnat Helmut Radke, leader of 14./JG 54, near Hesepe, and Leutnant Carl Resch, 15./JG 54 near Broxten. Over the Grossen Moor an Allied aircraft shot down "White 5" flown by Oberleutnant Breitfield, as well as the Focke-Wulf of Oberfeldwebel Seifert. Both pilots were killed. 16 Staffel also had two killed, Unteroffizier Krawack and Schwarz. Krawack was shot down east of Bramsche near Engter, and Erhard Schwarz' machine came down near the Onasbrück-Diepholz rail line.

Counting Feldwebel Lehmann of 13 Staffel, IV Gruppe finished up with eight pilots killed and two wounded. That made their flight on January 14 the Gruppe's last defensive operation of the war.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back