I've been curious about this

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

maxmwill

Airman 1st Class
Apr 18, 2011
One of the one-offs, test planes, and prototypes which never made it, for whatever reasons, I've been curious about is the Heinkel HE119. Yes, it was proposed, at first, to be a high-speed bomber, but was judged a failure in that regard, then it was proposed to be a high-speed recce bird, again, was judged to be a failure. So, after being tested for use in other ways, it was finally scrapped, and became one with the ages.

I first saw something on this in Green's Warplanes of the Third Reich, and thought to myself, "someday......" with regard to possibly modelling it, but never got the chance to.

Well, now I might have a chance to, as the situation back then is no longer a factor.

While I can find a few pics of this, in the various marks, I have yet to find any more information on this design, and a few of the pics I've found show a float version, which builds even more intrigue.

What I'm wondering is if there are available any other three-views of this, which might include little things like fuselage sections and wing sections(I might not be able to use a true to scale set of airfoils, but wing sections would give me a pretty good idea where to start, as were I to begin to contemplate building it as an RC model, I'll have to draw the plans up myself. Then there will be the problem of the canopy, as this'd be something I'd have to make myself, either as a framework with individual window panes, or as one piece unit).

And I think that I'd want to build the V1 prototype, because the wings look so much more elegant.

Anway, I appreciat anyone's input on this.

This is from an post war German publication...enjoy

Attachments

• He119_001.png
    He119_001.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 338
  • He119_002.png
    He119_002.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 339
  • He119_003.png
    He119_003.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 342
  • He119_004.png
    He119_004.png
    143.3 KB · Views: 318
  • He119_005.png
    He119_005.png
    131.5 KB · Views: 316
  • He119_006.png
    He119_006.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 338
  • He119_007.png
    He119_007.png
    44 KB · Views: 333
  • He119_008.png
    He119_008.png
    125.9 KB · Views: 332
I've heard from at least one German who said the He 119 was a proof of concept for coupled powerplants eventually used in the He 177 Grief. It was said the He 119 was simply a test bed for the concept.

Can't say for sure myself, but I have heard that said on a couple of osccasions.

Interesting it had UTE on the wing..... Holden concept maybe??? I'll get my own coat.

In the three view, the top and front views look promising. The side elevation tho looks like someone did a silly buggers with an eraser!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back