Iwata Revolution M2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ralph Haus

Tech Sergeant
Jul 24, 2016
Leander Texas
Anyone with experience with this model. I am about to toss the latest purchase, Passche Talon, in the trash. It sprays ISP perfectly but give it something other that ultra thinned Tamiya! I digress....

I saw a YouTube on this series of Iwata. Single action, but what was interesting was the 'dial-in' paint amount (maybe all single actions have this?). It was being use for applying clear finishes, in this case Future (now Pledge-revive it). I have been 'trying' to apply Taymia X-22. The Passche failed (.5 tip), my Master worker after cranking up the air pressure to 30 psi (.5 tip). The YouTube guy with the M2 was using 17 (.3 tip). I hate to drop another $120 on a piece of crap but I would like something that will push moderately thinned Taymia paint through for the entire cup load.

The Grex Genesis.XA would be a like device?

Last edited:
If you are talking about the stubby little M2 single action, I do have one. It is excellent. It is my go to for most things: Tamiya; X-22; Model Master Acryl clears; Stynylrez primer; Ammo by MIG paints. Very easy to use, and very easy to clean.
Given the opportunity to get one again, I would be all over it like stink on cheese!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back