Jack Roush Crashes Plane (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

beaupower32

Tech Sergeant
Jun 10, 2007
Lancaster, California
NASCAR team owner Jack Roush is in stable condition and being treated for non-life threatening injuries, which he sustained in a plane crash Tuesday evening.

A business jet damaged in a landing lies at Wittman Regional Airport on Tuesday, July 27, 2010, in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. NASCAR team owner Jack Roush was in series but stable condition after walking away from the crash. "There are injuries. Possible surgery," Roush Fenway Racing president Geoff Smith said in a text message to The Associated Press. "But he walked out of the plane." Smith confirmed that the plane belonged to Roush, and he was flying it. Smith said Roush's injuries include facial lacerations.
(Anthony Wahl/Oshkosh Northwestern/AP Photo)Roush was piloting the Beechcraft Premier business jet at the Experimental Aircraft Association's AirVenture Show at Wittman Airfield in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. He crash-landed the plane around 6:15 CDT according to the EAA.

The plane was carrying one passenger, Brenda Strickland, who is a friend of Roush's, according to Roush Fenway Racing spokesperson Lori Halbeisen. Both Roush and Strickland walked away from the crash and were taken to a local hospital.

"He was conscious when he was admitted to the hospital," Halbeisen told ABCNews.com.

As of this morning, Halbeisen said Roush's condition was "serious but stable."

"All his injuries are non-life threatening," she said.

Strickland also appears to be OK.

"She's also being treated for non-life threatening injuries," Halbeisen said.

Halbeisen said there was not yet a timetable for his recovery because doctors are still evaluating his condition. Roush's family is with him now, and he has not yet spoken to anyone at Roush Fenway Racing.

The National Transportation and Safety Board is investigating the crash. Halbeisen said there was no information relating to the cause of the crash landing.

Roush owns 3 aircraft and has been flying for many years, Halbeisen said. One of those aircraft is a vintage World-War II era P-51 Mustang, according to the Associated Press.

"He's a very experienced pilot," Halbeisen said.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLzFeSnUE1o

I didnt see anyone post this. Caution the video might be a bit graphic to some. At least he walked away from it.

Good to see him (and his passenger...wife? girlfriend?) get outta that plane okay....wondering, though, after a plane crash, why they let him walk out on his own power? Shouldn't they have strapped him to the backboard first? Or would that make it impossible to get out the door?

That's his second crash in a few years. He better quit while he's ahead. 3rd times the charm.

First crash from a few years ago, I believe he was rescued out of his sinking plane IIRC. I believe a volunteer fire fighter or EMT dragged him out of the plane and gave him CPR. I think a higher power is trying to tell him something!

That's his second crash in a few years. He better quit while he's ahead. 3rd times the charm.

First crash from a few years ago, I believe he was rescued out of his sinking plane IIRC. I believe a volunteer fire fighter or EMT dragged him out of the plane and gave him CPR. I think a higher power is trying to tell him something!

Heck of a subtle hint.....Roush better start listening...I'd hate to have to go through "overt prodding"!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back