Jaguar vs. MiG-27 vs Mirage V

Jaguar, MiG-27, Mirage V

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

tomo pauk

Creator of Interesting Threads
Apr 3, 2008
Three attack planes from second half of cold war - which ons would you choose for your air force?

I'll go with the (1) Jaguar over the (2) Mirage and (3) MiG-27
it's got the other two on:-

range:

(1) 528 miles (2) 404 miles (3) 336 miles

payload:

(1) 10,000lbs (2) 8,818lbs (3) 8,800lbs

though is the slower of the three:

(1) 1,056mph (2) 1,188mph (3) 1,171mph

Survivability enhanced by a two-engine arrangement, over the single-engined arrangement of the other two.
Rate of climb and service ceiling isn't much of an issue here.
Also has the best undercarriage by far, can land just about anywhere.

Last edited:
Its worth remembering that the French preferred the Jaguar over the Mirage V
They had both but the Mirage were only taken over from a IAF order cancelled on political grounds.

And the Indian Air Force preferred the Jaguar over the Mig 27 keeping the Jaguar in low level production until I think 2005 for attrition replacement.

Mirage V with Isreali pilots wins every day. :toothy5:
Why Israeli pilots I would think other pilots would be far more flexible. They fly in a area where the weather is almost a non factor in airspace the size of my backyard with every tool that money can buy against lower skilled opposition

Jaguar. Just a good looking airplane. Kinda funny looking on the ground. Looked knockneed. One of those birds I would like to fly that nobody else seems to think was a great one. Well, on this side of the pond anyway.

Some exported models did have radars; the Indian anti-ship version had it, since it enabled them to use Sea Eagle AShM beyond visual range.

As for Indian Jaguar vs. MiG-27, the later received a substantial upgrade with Israeli electronics couple of years ago. So I guess they liked both of them.

Jaguar was almost copied in Japan and ex-Yugoslavia - and only the best get copied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back